Welcome to the USA Custom Guitars Web Store
- In stock items are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our shop is open Mon – Fri, from 8:30am to 4:30pm Pacific time.
- Any orders placed on weekends will not be processed until the following Monday.
- Any items purchased from the Web Store that require fretting, routing or other work will have an extended lead time before shipping.
- Custom orders will only be available for a set number of orders each month. We are working on reducing current lead times of 10 to 16 weeks.
Custom Order Availability
Our custom shop will only open for a set number of orders each month, and that number will be based on what is currently in production. In any case, we would suggest getting your order placed as early as possible when the window opens.
By limiting the custom order window, and continuing to add our most popular necks and bodies to the web store inventory, and some monthly specials as well, our goal is to get you what you need – either shipped within 48 hours OR custom made within just a few weeks, with no more 10 to 16 (or more) week wait times.
After listening to you for several years now, we know that we need to add additional focus to 3 areas:
- Shorter production times
- More consistency in quality control
- Better communication
We have made substantial changes to how we work internally, and some of it you can already see. Some of our other changes will take some time to fully take hold.
You will see the following changes in the Web Store very soon…
Ready To Fly Inventory – Our most popular necks and bodies, 100% complete, in stock, and ready to be boxed up and shipped to your door. For our Retail clients this is something that has been desperately needed. For our smaller builders this will make your lives so much easier! These items can be ordered 24/7/365.
Custom Stock Inventory – These are items that are almost complete and still give you the chance to choose things like pickup and bridge routs, or frets and radius…dots and contours. Most of the time intensive stuff has been done and now it’s just a few final tweaks and pow it’s on its way to you. Our goal here is to get this out to you within 2 weeks. These items can be ordered 24/7/365.
Custom Shop – starts from scratch with picking wood out of our wood pile, and goes through the whole process…even choose the music that is playing while we create it (okay that’s not true but hey…could be interesting right?). This is the way the majority of our retail clients order today, and one of the reasons our wait times have been horrendous. As you have already experienced, our custom shop will only open for a set number of orders each month, and that number will be based on what is currently in production. The simple goal here is to create a positive experience for everyone that orders and not have the roller coaster wait times that have plagued us for many many moons now.
Limited Custom Runs – Think Alder S bodies with Flame tops or a run of Maple/Katalox necks. Remember our “From the Woodshed” series? Yeah, that but maybe 20 of them instead of 1!
What about the old Web Specials?? They’re all special in their own way, but we’re grading them on their Visual and Structural qualities and will mark them as such, so you know what to expect.
- A Stock – passed Visual and Structural QA – first quality
- B Stock – Got a “D” on Visual but passed Structural QA – has a bit more wood blemish than we would pass through as A stock. If you don’t mind looking at it, or can cover it up with finish you’ll find a great deal here!
- C Stock – failed Visual QA passed Structural QA – major wood blemish or repaired cracks or funky gaps or misaligned dots or something that we made a frowny face when we saw it. It will work, but ain’t pretty. If you like to “heavy relic” your guitars… shop here. You’ll find ridiculously stupid deals. And if it doesn’t work as a neck or body it will make great yard art, or a key rack, or a paddle, or bookends, or a range target… take your pick!